There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Migraines, Migraines, and More Migraines.

Today's main topic of discussion- or me just complaining... migraines

   Luckily these past few weeks I haven't had a migraine every single day but before that, I was having a migraine every single day for about 3 months straight. I used to take prescribed medication for them but stopped because of course my insurance stopped covering the one that actually worked and because I hate taking all of these pills. So right now I use Excedrin Migraine and it usually works. 

   This morning what did I wake up with? A migraine. I'm not surprised considering I felt very tired when I woke up and according to the Sleep Cycle app on my iPhone, my sleep quality was only 47% last night. I've only had my iPhone for about a month and a half, so I haven't been using this app for that long but I love it. My main problem with sleep is that I don't ever get restful sleep. I have tried going to bed at different times, waking up at different times, sleeping shorter amounts, sleeping longer amounts, sleeping pills, etc. Regardless of the different things I have tried, I don't get restful sleep. Right now, I get into bed around 8:00 p.m., try to read a little, and go to bed at about 9:00 p.m. I get around 6 1/2 hours of sleep or so. I take Melatonin right before I start to read as well. Not sure if it works but I still take it.

   I have definitely noticed that my sleep has shown a tiny bit of improvement since I moved from my apartment to my house. I also got my walls painted serene blue, or maybe the paint color is called serenity, I can't remember- what a surprise! Haha. But I do think that paint color has helped with my sleep as well. I have generalized anxiety disorder, so I think having my room this color puts me in a more calming relaxing environment. 

   If you haven't noticed, I do tend to get a little off topic or one topic leads to another topic and so on. Thanks ADD! I can ramble on and on discussing twenty different topics and never getting to my point or never finishing each topic. I can also be a bit random. So you all will just have to deal with that because that is me. Love me or hate me. 

   On a positive note, my dogs really help me with my health. I love that my dogs are all lazy. They get short random spurts of energy and then they pass out. Gemma, my oldest, helps me the most. She loves to cuddle. Gemma helps me to fall asleep and lets me rest. When she feels that I have been resting for way too long, she will wake me up with kissies- and no, she is not waking me up to play or for me to take her potty. This girl can really hold her bladder and won't go potty in the house no matter what. I will talk in more detail about my babies later on in another post but I swear, Gemma is an angel sent to me. Anyone out there who thinks I'm crazy can think whatever they want because I truly believe that dogs- not every dog- are very helpful in the healing process. 

   So back to my original topic. Come on Heather, focus! By the way, I do tend to talk to myself in my head giving myself little pep talks or just rambling on to myself or attempting to remember things. Anyways, my migraine this morning has subsided thanks to taking two Excedrin migraines almost 4 hours ago. One of the things that really bothers me when I have a migraine is my eyes. They just hurt so bad, Today the pain is mainly located on the tops of my eyeballs but sometimes it gets so bad that it feels like someone is pulling back on the "strings" attached to my eyeballs. That is the only way I can describe it. It's like there is two little evil guys behind my eyeballs pulling on whatever pink connective tissue is back there and trying to pull them deep into my eye sockets into my head. I also feel pressure on them and tension. Whatever it is, I hope the medicine completely scares these evil guys away and gets rid of my migraine for the day. 

Well that's all for now.

-Heather

2 comments: