Pinterest, Fibromyalgia, and a Question

   So... I have been looking at Fibromyalgia related pins on Pinterest today. Pinterest is something I use once in a blue moon and I had no idea there was stuff about Fibromyalgia on there.

   I often find my self wondering if I was misdiagnosed and I have a different autoimmune disorder. But I don't think like that as much as I used to. When I was first diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and then Fibromyalgia, I think I was in a stage of denial because I kept searching for other possible answers.

    In the beginning, I think I also felt very alone and sometimes I still feel like that, but reading other people's blogs about Fibromyalgia and their experiences has helped so much. While reading through others' blogs and posts, I'm constantly saying, "Yes! I feel that way too!" It makes me feel not alone and that I can relate to what other people are going through. And to read these things that other people are feeling and struggling with that I can relate to, has helped me accept my diagnosis. Plus, some people can explain what I'm feeling better than I can myself and then I can use that to explain certain things to others.

  It is difficult to explain everything you're feeling- everything that is wrong- let alone remember it all. And when you list everything or say that you can't remember it all, people think you're crazy. My whole life I have heard, "it's all in your head" and "people are way worse off than you." They just don't get it. I once read a quote on some website, "you don't get it unless you get it." And that is the truth. A lot of people don't and wouldn't understand it unless they have it and go through what we go through on a daily basis. And what people also don't realize is how ignorant it is to tell someone that there are people worse off than you. First of all, we're not idiots. Duh there are people in the world who are going through worse but that doesn't mean what we're going through isn't bad or what we go through doesn't matter. Being chronically ill and in chronic pain affects my whole life. I don't want you to feel sorry for me. I want you to believe me and be understanding.

   Quick Question: Does anyone out there with Fibro feel like they are less productive later in the day and in the evening?

  Anyways, enough of my ranting and babbling. Lets get back to what I was first talking about, Pinterest. Besides the pins that describe how I feel physically and emotionally, I like the funny joking ones. Everyone needs a little humor in their life, especially when you feel down and tired all the time. So the humorous ones give me a pick me up and a smile for the day. Here are a few of my favorite pins from today:



Follow me on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/hhammel91/




Comments

  1. Hello Heather! Thanks for visiting my blog:-) i am sorry you have to endure the chronic symptoms of fibro. My mom has it too and i know it if not fun. Hang in there girl. You have a huge life purpose. I love dogs too, i have adopted 4! I have a daughter with a very rare and chronic desease and she goes through a lot of pain too and it is not easy to have to live in such condition at a very young age. I will email you the skirt info. Blessings! Xoxo, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support! I can't even imagine what your daughter must be going through and being so young. I did not get diagnosed until I was 21. Your daughters are very beautiful and your dogs are so cute! and thank you!

      askaytche@gmail.com

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on House Hunting

I'm NOT Going to Breastfeed and My Child Will Turn Out Just Fine!

2016 Christmas Card