There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Treat Yourself Every Now and Then

   So yesterday I took a day off from work. Last week I had left work early three times and the week before I was sicker but pushed through work anyway (not the smartest idea). I just felt like I needed a day off. I snuggled with my three cuddlebugs, watched reality tv, and tried to relax and let my body rest. I also went to the nail salon. My eyebrows really needed to be waxed and I can't even remember the last time I had a pedicure- it has been years! So I treated myself.

   I used to pluck my eyebrows myself but I usually went crazy obsessive with it and it got more difficult to do it on days where my hands and fingers would cramp up and were in pain, days where it was hard to even hold my arm up and hold the tweezers in my hand, and days where I felt like my fingers were being electrocuted or something. So I decided to just have someone wax them from then on. Plus, only paying $5 and the fact that they do a great job helps too lol.

   But today I am back at work. My goal is to make myself stay at work all day today, tomorrow, and all of next week no matter what. Gotta pay the bills and I don't want to use all of my paid time off before winter storms come b/c I definitely can't afford to take off without pay. Just another reason I should be allowed to work from home!

   Anyways, I have still been waking up with migraines but only mild ones. So I take two Excedrin migraine pills before it gets worse. I took two around 4:00/ 4:15 a.m. and still have a mild migraine. And I am definitely feeling some pain and stiffness in my hands, fingers, and lower back today.

   It is raining. I hate rain. It is actually pouring down rain. I just want to go home, snuggle up on the couch with my babies and blankets (they LOVE blankets and snuggling) in my sweats and a hoody and eating Panera Bread's Mac n' Cheese. Yummm...

   Well, I am going to stop complaining now and continue to count down the hours and minutes until the work day is over. It is after 8 a.m. which means 6 hours left!

-Heather

4 comments:

  1. It's always nice to take days off to relax! It helps to recharge you and make you better able to handle all that is going on. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Mel

    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes you just need to have a day off to help you recharge. Glad you got to spend your day off with your pups.

    Little Lady Little City

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and I'm positive my dogs enjoyed having a day off to lol. They do not like waking up early.

      Delete