There was an error in this gadget

Monday, October 27, 2014

Demi Lovato

   Oh my, I am so drained. By the way, I don't think I have EVER in my live used "Oh my" in a sentence. Weird. I wanted to try to post about the concert over the weekend but just didn't have the energy and this morning I feel like crap but oh well. This is life.

   So, as you know, I went to the Demi Lovato concert Friday night and it was AMAZING! Everyone was great. MKTO, Bea Miller, and Christina Perri performed as well. I actually didn't know Bea Miller would be performing or even who she was. Apparently she was on The Voice but either way, she did a phenomenal job (as did all the other performers) and you need to check this chick out.

   Demi Lovato is such a strong empowering inspiring woman. She has overcome so much, from battling Bipolar Disorder (which I also battle) to completing rehab for an eating disorder to overcoming self-harm. The song that really touched me and made me have a connection with her and everything was Skyscraper. All of her songs before that were good but they just didn't feel real to me or at least the way she sang them didn't. To me, she seemed like just some Disney star. But when Skyscraper came out, her music, the way she sang, and the way she presented/ carried herself was on a completely different level. This song is so moving and I was ecstatic that she sang it Friday night. Skyscraper literally gives me goosebumps and gets me emotional. Here are lyrics from the chorus:

"You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper
Like a skyscraper"

   This woman is a great role model. In addition to singing at her concert, she and her friend, Spencer West, talked about their trip (he has gone on more than one trip) to Kenya and the Mamas of the tribes there. This trip inspired Demi to create the Limited Edition Demi Lovato Rafiki Friend Chain (these are or will be sold at Pac Sun stores). They are $15 and the Mamas actually hand made these bracelets themselves. The proceeds go towards funding the building of a Women's Empowerment Center in Kenya. These centers will offer skill training workshops aligned to local culture and traditions, provide access to computer labs, as well as offer a space to accommodate local artisans (who participate in the Me to We Artisans program). The Me to We Artisans program gives women the autonomy and capacity to create strong economic futures for themselves and their families. If this isn't inspiring, then I don't know what is.

   I am all for giving back and women empowerment. There are many parts of the world where women don't have rights, don't have the same opportunities that men have, are treated less than, etc and have to be dependent on the men. I 100% support helping women everywhere to become independent, both mentally and financially. 

   Demi also talked in general at her concert. She likes to be real with her fans and just sit and talk like you're at lunch talking with your friends. And she tends to ramble on and admits to rambling just like I do. This girl really doesn't care about what people say and think about her and I totally respect that about her. I mean, I'm sure she cares somewhat to a point but doesn't let it affect her anymore. On a fashion type note, Demi shared with us the outfit/ dress that she felt the most confident in (I believe that is somewhat how she worded it but you all know that I can't remember jack shit). This dress I am about to show you is one of the outfits I absolutely loved Demi in. She looked so confident, happy, and sexy. Oh yea, and one of the things she also shared with us was, which relates to this outfit, is body image. She, like many girls and women out there, is learning to accept and love every part of her body. The one thing that Demi really doesn't like about her body but is learning to love is her arms. So at concerts, she makes it a point to show off her arms at some point in time during the concert (and she did). Anyways, here is the dress Demi wore to the VMAs this year:

GORGEOUS!!!

   Ok, I am going to stop rambling on about how amazing this concert was and how awesome everyone there was. Here is the shirt (sorry I didn't take pictures of the back, probably should have done that) I got at the concert and the Rafiki Friend Chain:





   Demi Lovato is one of my role models and one of my woman crushes. Go buy this chain [or don't]- oh and it can be worn as a bracelet, anklet, or necklace or as Demi said, a really long ring. And be sure to check out the other Artists that performed at her concert as well as Spencer West's story.

-Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment