Real Housewives of New Jersey Jail Time

   I love the Real Housewives series. New Jersey is one of my faves but I don't get to watch it much because it comes on after I'm asleep and for some reason, they haven't been putting the New Jersey one On Demand- come on Comcast, get your act together!

   Anyone who follows the Real Housewives knows that Teresa and Joe Giudice are facing jail time and have pleaded guilty to mail, wire, and bankruptcy fraud and Joe has also pleaded guilty to failing to file tax returns. Yesterday, October 2, 2014, the Giudices received their sentences. In addition to being ordered to pay $414,588 in restitution, Teresa was sentenced to 15 months in prison and Joe was sentenced to 41 months in prison. While the judge did reject Teresa's request to serve her jail time on house arrest, the judge was still lenient with their sentencing terms. Besides giving them less jail time than they could have faced, Teresa does not have to start serving her jail time until January 5th, which is after the Holidays. Joe doesn't have to start serving his sentence until after Teresa has completed serving her time in prison. The judge did this so that their four daughters could have a parent at home while the other is in jail. Keep in mind, that while Joe has lived in New Jersey most of his life, he is not a legal U.S. citizen and could be deported back to Italy after he has completed his 41 month sentence.

   No one is a perfect angel. Many people in this world, including other cast members of the Real Housewives series, have gotten into trouble with the law and had to do jail time. I don't know the Giudices and don't know every single detail of what they did but in my opinion, I don't think Teresa 100% knew what she was doing when they committed these types of fraud. I kind of think Joe took the lead on this one. I am still undecided as to whether or not I think Joe knew exactly what they were doing.

   I am glad they are acknowledging their wrong doings, taking responsibility, and doing their time. And I'm also glad that the judge did take some pity on their children and arranged for Teresa and Joe to serve their sentences at different times so that the kids can have a parent at home and they don't have to go live with someone else. I do think that Teresa is going to have an extremely difficult time in jail. I'm just hoping she stays strong, thinks positively, and remembers there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

   Well that's enough celebrity talk for the day.

-Heather
 

Comments

  1. Loved this celeb talk xx a lovely post as always :D I've just started a blog of my own and if you're interested you are very welcome it visit. Followers are desperately needed!!! http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and I just visited your blog and am now following you. Please follow me as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on House Hunting

I'm NOT Going to Breastfeed and My Child Will Turn Out Just Fine!

2016 Christmas Card