Second Liebster Award Nomination

   I feel like I'm going to fall over and die right now. A few days ago, Wednesday?, I got a shit ton of paperwork dropped on me and I need to and will finish it today. I hope I get this post actually completed and posted today (Friday). I am so exhausted from it that I fell asleep on the couch yesterday by 5:30 p.m. and woke up at 10 p.m. from the sound of my Sister coming home. So I did not even take a shower. I look like complete crap but ya know what? I don't care because I've been working my ass off to get this shit done.

   Well, I got nominated for my second Liebster Award, yay!!! Tinisha from Note the Obvious nominated me :) Thanks Tinisha! Make sure you all check out her blog. The rules for this award are to answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you gave you, list 11 facts about yourself, name 11 bloggers to nominate for the Liebster Award that have under 200 followers I will admit, when I am looking at the potential nominees, I'm only looking at the number of followers via bloglovin'. So I might be nominating someone that has way more than 200 via GFC- give me a break!) and give them 11 questions to answer.



   Onto answering the 11 questions Tinisha gave me...

1. What kind of music do you like?
   Thanks to growing up as a dancer and being exposed to various types of music, I pretty much like everything... except for screamo music.

2. If you could pick one person in the entire world to meet, who would it be?
   I would say Jaime Primak Sullivan. She was the main person on the show, Jersey Belle. She is so bluntly honest, hilarious, and very inspiring. I plan to write a blog post on her maybe next week.

3. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
   Yes, three dogs. Gemma is an English Bulldog/ Beagle Mix, Mowgli is an English Bulldog/ American Bulldog Mix, and Audrey is a purebred English Bulldog. Sensing a pattern here? lol

4. What is something most people don't know about you?
   Well, most people do not know that I was a Hip Hop Teacher/ Instructor/ Choreographer. When and if I tell people that, they are shocked. But out of all of the genres of dance I did, hip hop was what I was best at, it was my "thing."

5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
   I know I have plenty of pet peeves but whenever I get asked this question, it is hard to remember them and I definitely can't name my biggest one. But one of my pet peeves are retractable dog leashes. They are the worst kind of leash out there.

6. What is the story behind the name of your blog?
   Choosing a blog name (and one that wasn't taken already) was difficult for me. I wanted something that related to me but I also didn't want to spend too much time on choosing a name. I chose Dog Mom Chic because it describes part of who I am. Being a dog mom is something I am 24/7. My dogs are my everything and I love being a dog mom. I added the word "chic" because I am big on fashion and style. I love seeing what people wore on the red carpet, love shopping, and love dressing up (just not for work). So I definitely wanted to incorporate that into my blog and blog name.

7. What would you do if you won the lottery?
   I would pay off all my debt, pay back the money I owe my Mom, donate to charities, maybe open up some type of dog rescue, and of course SAVE some of the money.

8. What do you do to relax?
   It is extremely rare for me to be relaxed. I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and I am always on edge. I do occasionally try to meditate and play sudoku but I haven't been doing either of those things lately. I think tanning in a tanning bed is sooo relaxing but it is so dangerous and I don't do it anymore. And although I've only done it once, I find acupuncture very relaxing. It is just expensive.

9. Do you have any bad habits? If so, what?
   I'm sure I have plenty. Hmmm now to remember them... I would say one of my bad habits is picking scabs.

10. What is one thing that you are grateful for?
   My dogs. They make me so happy and they are what I live for each day.

11. If you had to pick just one thing you couldn't live without, what would it be?
   Ahhh this is so hard. Well besides my dogs, I would say either my phone or the internet. Sorry I can't choose!

And now for 11 facts about myself (and I'm going to put some in there that you already know)...

1. I am a dog mom of three
2. I used to be a hip hop Teacher/ Instructor/ Choreographer
3. I danced for about 15 years, competed for 2 years, and taught for 4 years
4. I used to work in a middle school helping students who have disabilities (mental, emotional, physical, learning, behavioral, etc.)
5. I have never broken a bone
6. I used to want to be a Fashion Designer for the longest time
7. I have never been on an airplane
8. I love tattoos. I have three and plan to get more
9. I talk in embarrassing hilarious different voices with my Sister
10. I did not graduate from college- I started online when I was 20 but just never finished
11. I have Keratosis Pilaris, a skin condition I was born with that causes areas of my skin to be bumpy, reddish, sensitive, dry, and sometimes itchy. Doctors do not know what causes this and do not consider it hereditary, but my Mom and some of her siblings have it

I am now going to nominate 11 people for the Liebster Blogger Award to give their blogs exposure.

Dorrie from The Bear Den Plantation and The Life of Rylee Delilah
Charlie from Little Red
Joel from Moore his Style
Sapna from Sapna Loves
Rachel from The Rachel Emily Blog
Jacque and Courtney from 5 O'Clock Fashionistas
Tiffany from Just Another Shopaholic
Tami from Tami Marie
Maraja from Stylewell
Saz from Oh, Dollymix
Ali from Thirty and a Half

Alright and finally, the 11 questions for the bloggers I nominated... I'm actually going to use the exact ones given to me because I think Tinisha came up with some really great questions...

1. What kind of music do you like?
2. If you could pick one person in the entire world to meet, who would it be?
3. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind? 
4. What is something that most people don't know about you?
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
6. What is the story behind the name of your blog?
7. What would you do if you won the lottery/ what would you spend the money on?
8. What do you do to relax?
9. Do you have any bad habits? If so, what are they?
10. What is one thing you are grateful for?
11. If you had to pick just one thing you couldn't live without, what would it be?

Whoop whoop! I knocked this post out and in the morning!

-Heather


Comments

  1. Thank you so much for nominating my blog for the award. It made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love such posts, so interesting. ;-)
    Have a nice weekend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope you have a nice weekend as well!

      Delete
  3. Animals can instantly brighten a bad mood! I'm grateful for my pup as well! Great post, it was nice to learn more about you.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think animals can be very therapeutic and thank you!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on House Hunting

Months 4-6

9 Months Old