There was an error in this gadget

Monday, November 17, 2014

The Weekend and Tutus

   Does it really have to be Monday? Mondays come waaaaay too quickly. Why can't Saturday and Sunday be 48 or even 36 hours each? Who's with me on this one? lol.

   This weekend was a little productive. I made Gemma and Audrey's Christmas tutus. This was really important for me to get done because this coming weekend, I HAVE to take pictures of all three of my furr babies for Christmas cards. And that is not going to be an easy task. Trying to get three dogs to sit next to each other, stay still, and all look at the camera is going to be a challenge. I definitely have my work cut out for me.

 Gemma helping me cut tulle

Audrey: "Mom, I don't think this is how I'm supposed to wear it."
By the way, I am pinching the tutu's waistband, not her skin.

 The results

   I think for not knowing what I was doing, I did a pretty good job. I have seen homemade dog tutus before but never knew how to or looked up how to make them. So I kind of just winged it like I do with everything else. I didn't perfectly cut the tulle or anything but after all of the tulle was on, I trimmed the pieces so that they were at least somewhat similar in length and made the top pieces shorter to get a fuller layered look. For the waistbands, I just bought elastic at Joann Fabrics, measured the girls' waists, cut the elastic accordingly, and sewed it together. 

   Last year, I had used Gemma's store bought Christmas dress from the previous year and bought Mowgli reindeer antlers for their Christmas picture. But this year I wanted to do something different. I had seen a candy cane tutu (similar to the ones I made) on one of the dog websites I buy things off of but they didn't come in their size and they quickly sold out anyway. So I decided to make my own version myself and I bought Mowgli a plaid Christmas tie. Can't wait to take the pictures and see the results!

-Heather

4 comments:

  1. So cute! This is so funny but so cute! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I really love yours!
    poshprime.com
    ~~Megan~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lol and you're welcome. You're blog is awesome!

      Delete
  2. We are so with you!! And these photos are the cutest.

    xx 365hangers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm not the only one haha! And thank you so much!

      Delete