Trey, I was like "Yo Trey"

   Ahhh Good Morning. It's Friday! This post is going to be short- or at least I'm going to try to.

   So what happened around 4 a.m. on my Friday morning? I was driving with Gemma and Mowgli in my car. I'm at this job location for a few more days, so I'm still able to bring Gemma to work and take Mowgli to the daycare by this work location. Well, a Pomeranian runs out from a yard (I couldn't see which house) and into the road in front of my car. He or She (I wasn't focused on that part) was walking straight on down the road and wouldn't get out of the road. Then he circled around my car and kept trying to run towards my car door. So I immediately stopped, put my hazards on, and ran out to get him (lets just refer to the Pomeranian as a him/ he.). He just stood there and let me pick him up. He didn't bark, didn't cower, didn't run away or anything. It was so dark out. I couldn't put him in my car because Gemma isn't fond of dogs she doesn't know, especially if they're small dogs since she used to live with one who would attack her. So as my dogs are flipping out, and Mowgli eating my breakfast, I looked around at the houses. Only two houses had lights on. I knocked and yelled loudly but no one would answer. My commute is over an hour and in a different state. I had limited options- almost no options really. I couldn't let the dog go. He would've definitely gotten hit, especially since he wouldn't stay off the road and was trying to run at/ jump at my car as I was driving. I was also worried a vehicle would hit my car with my dogs in it. Then an older lady pulled over and asked if I needed help. I explained to her what was going on. She said she was on her way to work too. Then a man from one of the doors I knocked on came out. He said he had never seen that dog and couldn't take it because of his Doberman. The lady finally offered to put the dog in the cardboard box in her back seat and try to figure out something. She seemed super nice and sweet and said she had done this before. I have a good feeling about her but of course guilt and doubt still runs through my mind. I was really at a stand still though. I couldn't take off because I have to pack up all of my stuff and all of the files and label everything so that we can move everything to our new temporary location before Thanksgiving. I think I did the right thing though.

   I can't stress enough how important it is to microchip AND put tags on your dog's collar or harness. Not only is it super important and can help you and your dog be reunited if he or she runs off, but it is part of being a responsible pet owner. All of my dogs are microchipped and have tags on their collars that list their name, my phone number (and to call it), and that they are microchipped. Microchipping is not expensive. You can easily go to an affordable vet clinic (not the same as a veterinary hospital) and get your dog microchipped for $10- $30.

   By the way, I started randomly singing lyrics yesterday in the car and I remembered them today! So here are the lyrics I was singing from  Bottoms Up by Trey Songs featuring Nicki Minaj:

Trey, I was like "Yo Trey"
Do you think you could buy me a bottle of Rose'?

   That was extremely short but oh well lol.

-Heather



Comments

  1. My husband has yet to put tags on his dog.. Ugh! I keep telling him, but I think I may just have to do it for him!

    Happy Friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you will lol. You know how men are.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on House Hunting

Months 4-6

2016 Christmas Card