There was an error in this gadget

Monday, January 19, 2015

A Quick Weekend Recap

   Hello Monday, nice to see you- NOT! So I didn't have an extremely eventful weekend but Sexy Steve did come over Friday night and spent the night :)

   I made mashed potatoes for the first time, while he made the steak for our dinner. Making mashed potatoes is not fun. I'm pretty good in the kitchen but this was stressful. I used like 4 different recipes as guides/ for reference and used some extra ingredients a coworker had recommended. I mean they turned out good and all, but they weren't what I like in a mashed potato. The coworker had told me to add cream cheese, sour cream, and chives- I think I used too many chives. I really wish I would've went for what I was originally going to do- rosemary and garlic mashed potatoes. Or I wish I had made my roasted garlic & rosemary red potatoes because that shit is banging. Oh well, it still turned out good and I learned and I used a potato masher for the first time and peeled potatoes for the first time.

   We had a great evening. Bed time didn't go exactly as planned. His back was really hurting- which I can totally relate to since I have back problems too. My mattress just wasn't doing anything good for his back, so he slept on the couch. The next morning my sister had sent me a text while she was at work and was like, "What did Steve do to get banished to the couch?" Haha, well at least he didn't do anything bad and get banished to the couch and it was just his back pain. My couch is really comfy. In fact, Saturday night, the furr babies and I fell asleep on the couch and ended up sleeping there all night.

   Oh and here are a few pictures of our pottery that I picked up from the other week.

He painted the mug (and drew the fox on the mug) and I painted the monster who I named Suzanne after Crazy Eyes in Orange is the New Black, which I have been watching on Netflix and I'm close to finishing Season 2.

   I didn't really do much Saturday and Sunday besides watch Netflix, start to make a pile of clothes to donate to GoodWill, and make ground turkey nachos.

-Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment