New Year's Eve Recap

   Ugh, I'm sorry this post is so late but oh well, here it is.

   So, I went with Steve and three of his friends to see a band they love, Gogol Bordello. Their music is very different and the only other way I can describe it is "fun". I had never heard of this band until Steve played their music and asked if I wanted to go to their concert in Philly on NYE with him. Usually this would make me nervous. All the negativity would rush into my head and I'd feel like it would be awkward and I wouldn't have a good time. I was not going to let the negativity and anxiety stand in the way of me having a good time with this wonderful man I like so much. So I said yes and pushed away those thoughts. The thoughts tried to creep into my mind a time or two but I immediately ignored them. I'm so proud of myself!!!

   I bought the outfit I had mentioned here. I just didn't wear the wedges and I'm sooo happy I didn't. Walking in Philly, the cold weather, and seeing a band where it is crowded and everyone is dancing and pushing you around calls for flat shoes. So I wore my favorite black studded boots. I do wish I would've dressed warmer- or at least tripled up on my socks and brought earmuffs and gloves. The train ride, walk to the Electric Factory, and inside the place (was hot), was fine. But when the concert was over, we had to stand outside. We had told our cab to be there at 2:30 a.m. Unfortunately, the concert ended up ending at 1:30 a.m. So we had to stand out in the FREEZING cold. And guess what? Our cab never came. We tried calling numerous times and couldn't get through, the line was busy. At this point we had been standing- shaking- in the miserable cold, keep in mind that it was super windy too, for over an hour. We finally got through to another cab company and they picked us up and took us to Steve's Dad's house for the night. We all only got maybe 4 hours of sleep. I didn't sleep well and it took me at least another hour to stop shaking from being so cold.

   Enough of my sad sob story and back to the concert. I only had a drink and a half and I'm so glad I didn't have more. When we went downstairs to get closer to the stage and band, it was chaos. Steve just kept pushing his way through and thank goodness he held onto me because everyone would lean forward and then back and dancing and knocking people over. It was all in good fun and it was fun but if I were to have anymore drinks, I would have been on the floor trampled. We got pretty close though. All in all, I had a really good time.



 I definitely had to wear pasties with this top. The ones I used are from Charlotte Russe and worked so well!





 Love action shots!

The jacket, top, and pants are from Forever21 and my earrings and necklace are from H&M. My boots are from Target.

   I hope everyone had a great and safe New Year's Eve!

-Heather


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on House Hunting

I'm NOT Going to Breastfeed and My Child Will Turn Out Just Fine!

2016 Christmas Card