This Needs to Stop

   Good Morning... I swear the weekends keep going by quicker and quicker. Not much happened this weekend in my life, however, things did go down in my hometown. I was born and raised in Baltimore, MD. I lived there for about 18 years, which is the majority of my life.

   For those of you who don't know, a man named Freddie Gray died of a severe spinal cord injury while in police custody. This has caused an outrage within the local community and caused uncontrollable extremely dangerous protests. The worst of the protests happened this past weekend and I really do hope that was the worst. There are pictures and videos of some of it all over social media. People are swarming the streets not allowing people to drive. They are throwing things at cops and other people. I've seen videos of people smashing people's car windows, smashing front windows of stores and urging people to steal things from inside, and crowds ganging up on individuals and beating them. They are doing this to innocent people- civilians and police officers.

   It truly breaks my heart. In another video I saw someone simply trying to turn at a streetlight because people blocked them from driving straight forward. Then when they turned their blinker on and tried to escape this mess, people stood in front of and around the car and sat on the hood. When the person put their vehicle into reverse to get away, people ran after the vehicle kicking it.

   What is wrong with people? How is flooding the streets to prevent people from driving, damaging vehicles, damaging and robbing stores, and physically assaulting people going to get justice for someone? There is an investigation going on and the police officers involved have been suspended. Until the investigation is over, how is this helping at all? It's not like there isn't an investigation happening at all. All I can think about are the victims that have been subjected to this horrific "event" and any children that were hurt during this. I pray that everyone is ok and that this is going to stop.

   This behavior is not acceptable. This needs to stop.

-Heather

Comments

  1. My friends parents were in Baltimore this weekend for the Red Sox game and their restaurant was surrounded by protestors. It was a very scary moment and they luckily got away unharmed. Very sad, praying for peace.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad they were able to get away unharmed. I don't live in Baltimore anymore or even Maryland but just seeing the pictures and videos online scared me to death.

      Delete
  2. It's crazy what's going on in this country. I feel like we are more separated than ever. It's a shame that human beings are acting like barbarians and animals. It's sad because at one point those protestors are going to get hurt. Can you imagine if there were people who got pissed and just started running people over? I feel like nowadays it's really easy for the average person to crack under the pressure and you never know what that one person is capable of. I know it sounds crazy and as if I'm paranoid, but I do expect the worst nowadays just because of what I see and hear on the news.

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really sad and I believe last night they even started going into different surrounding cities. The Governer declared a state of emergency last night. I hope that resolves everything because what these people are doing is not even about justice for Freddie. They are doing it for violence and to steel things. They are breaking into stores including high end stores and robbing them. How does that have anything to do with getting justice for a dead person?

      Delete
  3. So true words. I know that. People have become so indifferent and heartless. Sometimes you just can only shake his head. :-(
    Lovely greets Ness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really sad and scary. Innocent people are being drug out of their cars and getting beat on my multiple "protesters".

      Delete
  4. I agree. Something definitely needs to happen. It doesn't help that the Baltimore mayor practically gave them permission to behave that way. There is a way to protest with peace and dignity, I know. Something's gotta give... really soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And then she tried to say that she never said that. You can't say you didn't say something when there is live documentation of your saying it. She should have contacted the Governor much sooner than she did and then he would have brought in the National Guard much sooner and I think a lot of this (like burning down stores and robbing them) could have been prevented.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on House Hunting

Months 4-6

2016 Christmas Card