There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Liquid Health K9 & Kitty Calmer

   For those of you who don't know, my oldest dog, Gemma, has anxiety issues. Her main anxiety issue is with dogs she doesn't know, little furry hyper dogs, hyper dogs in general, and very dominant dogs. Now with time, some of these types of dogs are ok. Both Tigger and Audrey were very submissive when I got them and in time they have become more dominant. And Gemma is perfectly ok with that because she knows them (duh, they live with her) and she has even accepted that Audrey is pretty much the alpha of the group now.

   Gemma lived a rough life before I adopted her and she was in 2 different shelters. Too many dogs barking at once really makes her anxious, as does when a little furry dog is running around really fast (she used to live with a small furry dog in her previous home who was not very nice).

   I have tried numerous anxiety aids with her, from tablets to anxiety wraps- you name it. And then Liquid Health developed a product for anxiety in dogs and cats. Just when I thought I had pretty much tried every anxiety product besides prescription medication, Liquid Health stepped in.


   Before I even opened the packaging, I could smell the K9 Calmer. It was even worse and stronger when I took it out. I keep it in my kitchen and as soon as you enter the kitchen, you smell it. I can't really describe the smell, but it is not very pleasant. And I was only able to give this liquid calmer to her a few times because she did not like the taste at all. Keep in mind, Gemma is not very picky. I still gave it to her anyways. I stopped after about three days because I could barely get one drop in her mouth without her spitting it (as well as some bile maybe?) up. She just couldn't and wouldn't keep it down. My other two dogs who don't necessarily have anxiety issues were very jealous and wanted some since they thought Gemma was getting a treat. So I figured I'd give it a shot and see what happens. One spit it up as soon as it hit her tongue and the other turned the other way as soon as he smelled it. Unfortunately, it wasn't effective with Gemma's anxiety.

-Heather

*Sponsored Post*
*You can read my Disclosure Policy at the bottom of my page*

4 comments:

  1. I need to look more into this, during the summer months with so many people walking outside it gives Misa so much anxiety and she gets all worked up. Thanks for tuning me into this.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gemma gets like that too sometimes, especially if there is an insane amount of dogs. I definitely don't take her to Petsmart anymore around Christmas time b/c the last few times I have, people who are there with their dogs to get pictures with Santa were all lined up crowded right in front of the doors making it hard for people to get in the store and that definitely gave her anxiety. I have tried the anxiety wrap, an anxiety harness that has a heart beat simulator in it, rescue remedy, different anxiety tablets and treats, doga, a head halter, etc.

      Delete
  2. I do not have a dog, but I used to dog sit my good friends pup every now and then and he had similar doggie anxiety. I never even thought there would be a medicine to help them handle their anxiety. Thank you for bringing me aware of this!

    Chelsea
    Ginger Side of Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are developing more and more products for things like anxiety everyday. It is pretty amazing the things they have come up with and although these things haven't really helped my dog, I know it has helped others and that's what matters the most.

      Delete