There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Bring a Little Sunshine into Your Dog's Life

   Good Morning. Today I share with you a very special dog toy. I don't remember all of the specific details but sometime in July or June- I think earlyish July, The Diva Dogs posted on Facebook that there were going to be a number of limited edition Jolly Balls made, in honor of Champ, sold online at Carolina Pet Pantry.

   Let's back up for a minute. Who is Champ? While I am not going to tell Champ's whole story or go into great detail about him b/c I was not his dog momma and was not involved in his rescue, I will brief you. Champ was/ is a rescued English Bulldog. And y'all know that I have such a soft spot in my heart for English Bulldogs. His mom who adopted him took care of him, nursed him back to health, loved him with all of her heart and made his last years the best years he ever had. She gave him that spoiled Bulldog life that every dog deserves. Sadly, Champ passed away this year. Champ loved Jolly Balls (and so do his other bulldog siblings).

   And thus came the Limited Edition Champ Jolly Ball. There were only a certain number made and you had to preorder them. My mom and I both ordered one and we were so happy that we were able to get one each before they sold out. 100% of the proceeds went to two bulldog rescues.

"You Are My Sunshine" is the quote and theme for this ball because that is what Champ's mommy used to say to him all the time. 
^Champ

"Come on mom, we are sitting. Just drop the ball already!"

"Yum, sunshine tastes good."

They darted after the ball... well Tigger just kind of trotted over there. Audrey's little hind legs up in the air look sooo adorabull- yes, when I am talking about my bulldogs, I spell adorable "adorabull".

She got the ball first.

"Hmmm, so this is what sunshine smells like."

"And I like it!"

"Hey, give me that back! That's my ball."

"This is my Limited Edition Champ Jolly Ball. Sorry mom, I chewed the handle."

"Sunshine and Jolly Balls just taste sooo good!"

I love this picture of Champ and below is the end of the letter with Champ's paw print that was included in each package with the Jolly Ball.

   I feel so blessed to have gotten one of the Jolly Balls that were made in memory of Champ and that all of the proceeds went to two Bulldog rescues. Champ will never be forgotten.

   -Heather

12 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying the pics you've posted on IG. I love the personalized touch with the paw print, that's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I love it too. I have two stone paw print maker kit things at home but haven't used them yet- typical me. I need to get a third one and get to work on doing that.

      Delete
  2. Lovely post and pics :)

    *XoXo
    - www.helenaprimeira.blogspot.pt
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8FHHl3dT3g
    - https://www.facebook.com/PrimeiraPanos?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I need to get one for my little one. Happy belated national dog day to your fur babies!

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend getting one. They have smaller and larger sizes than the one I ordered. Happy belated national dog day to your fur babies too!

      Delete
  4. Aww, Rip Champ :'( That's sweet that 100% of the proceeds went to rescues. Your dogs seem to be loving the jolly balls!

    Mili
    Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was awesome! Yes, they love it! I definitely plan on buying more of the regular ones.

      Delete
  5. nice post!

    I was wondering if we could follow each other. It would be great, just let me know :)

    x Maria / Retro Street Station

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and of course! I'll go follow you know.

      Delete