Pet Giftbox #5

   Almost halfway through the work week. I consider around noon to be halfway through the work week and boy am I tired this morning. Someone paleeease stick some wires in my eyes and charge them up.

   Sooo I have decided to drop Pet Giftbox. In case you do not know what Pet Giftbox is, it is a monthly subscription and you get a box of a variety of dog products each month. It usually has some treats, 1-3 toys, and sometimes another type of product such as pet balm or doggie bags or something. Although they are a few bucks cheaper than some of the other pet subscriptions, it just isn't worth it. The first box or 2 had good quality dog toys but the last few just kept getting worse. I feel like I gave Pet Giftbox a fair shot, 5 months. All of the dog toys that have been in the last few boxes have been destroyed the same day I gave them to the dogs or 2 days if I'm lucky. This box, I feel like the toys are borderline Dollar Tree quality dog toys. It's unfortunate that it didn't work out but I just feel like it's best to cancel my- the dogs'- subscription

Heat Wave. Dog Days of Summer. It's kind of ironic/ weird that I got a box with "Dog Days of Summer" on it 1 day before the dog days of summer are over. 
 There is a card like this in every box. However, what is different about this box is that there are no retail prices listed. In all of the other boxes, this card listed the retail price of each and every item and the retail value as a whole. I really liked this because then I knew how much I was saving by using Pet Giftbox. So I was pretty disappointed when I opened up the box to find the card without any retail prices on it.

 If I remember and have time, I plan on giving this dog ice cream to the dogs tonight. It has a very strong maple scent, which is nice. Usually the boxes contain pre-made organic treats made in the USA. So I was a little disappointed when this box didn't have any. Now I have to go to the store to get the dogs treats. Even though all I had to do was add water and allow it to freeze in the freezer for at least 5 hours, I still didn't want to have to actually make something.

 I'll admit, it is kind of my fault that I didn't read the back before opening it. I figured there was dog treats in there but when I ripped the package open and powder went all over, I realized I was wrong and read the back. This one is cool and all but again, I didn't want to have to actually make dog treats. This one requires either 1 or 2 extra ingredients that do not come with the powder and you have to put it in a silicone mold (which I do not have) or something similar. I just packed pretty much all of my bakeware away already! Ugh. So I don't even know if I'm going to give this one a shot.

 I haven't heard of this brand and plan to look up reviews but I always like to have extra paw balm for the dogs' feet for the Summer if I have to walk them or something. And it definitely doesn't hurt that there's an English Bulldog on the packaging :)

 These toys are cute for the theme- I love themes. Buuut like I said earlier, they were kind of borderline Dollar Tree quality. The shark got ripped up in less than half an hour. The lifeguard toy is pretty much destroyed and I didn't want them to have it for that long anyway because the material under the fabric is plastic. I usually try to stay away from giving my dogs plastic toys.

   So I officially cancelled the subscription with Pet Giftbox. In a few months, I am hoping to join this new other pet subscription that is for English Bulldogs and meets the Bulldog's needs. But for now, no new subscriptions.

Happy Hump Day!

-Heather

Comments

  1. This box is really cool, love it. ^^
    Wish you a nice day....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do love how the boxes are themed.

      Delete
  2. I think 5 months is more than a fair shot. You gave it a whirl.

    I kinda don't like the powder product. Like, wtf? I don't want to give any powders to my dogs unless I know it comes from my vet, such as a medication or supplement, but otherwise no thanks. It's just kind of... Weird. I'm sure I can make dog treats with things in my cupboard and fridge and not a powder.

    Thanks for sharing your box Hun. Yikes that sounds dirty lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I agree, if I'm going to actually make my dogs treats, I rather it be from ingredients I am using myself so that I know what exactly is going into their bodies.

      Delete
  3. Great post, dear. Have a nice weekend. Keep in touch, pls. Best regards from Sarajevo.

    http://mylovelyfashionbih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! Following u too on Bloglovin' (264) and gfc (20).

      Delete
  5. AAA I am in love with your blog! thanks for sharing:) Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it. Just followed you on GFC and Bloglovin'

      Delete
  6. Lovely, dear. Great. Love always visit your blog is always full of inspiration.

    http://mylovelyfashionbih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You seriously don't know how much I appreciate that.

      Delete
  7. Oh man my dog would love this! I've got to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the monthly subscription boxes have expanded to pets and different companies are making more and more. The one I want to switch to eventually is pricier but it is specifically aimed at Bulldogs. So I feel like it'll be worth the money because Audrey rips up these toys in these boxes within minutes sometimes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on House Hunting

I'm NOT Going to Breastfeed and My Child Will Turn Out Just Fine!

2016 Christmas Card