Weekend Recap

   Sorry my recap is late! I really thought I'd get this week's recap done and posted on Monday but shit happens. Anyways... oh my God y'all, it is almost Christmas!!! I am so freakin' excited!

   So we definitely did not get as much accomplished this weekend as we had hoped. But ya know what? It's ok. It happens. It's life. And we did get some things accomplished, that counts right?

   Friday shortly after work Jesse and I went to go see the new Star Wars movie. He is a huge Star Wars fan, so of course we had to go see it. I wasn't all that excited but I did it for him. I know I have seen at least the first movie but after describing a few details I remember from what I have previously seen, Jesse says I have seen 2 or 3. I honestly don't remember. It has been a minute since I have seen a Star Wars movie. Anyways, I ended up LOVING the movie!!! Like seriously love, love, loved it. So now we are planning on buying all of the Star Wars movies, scheduling a movie marathon weekend, and we are going to watch all of them. I'm not quite sure how we are going to make that work with our busy schedules but we are going to make it work. No matter what.

   On Saturday, besides it be freezing, we went to Jesse's apartment to go through some of his pots and pans and what not to see what I/ we want him to bring over to the house. Oh yea, did I ever mention that he is officially moving in next month? His lease will be up at the end of January/ beginning of February. So he will be moving the rest of his stuff in next month. We also picked up his microwave and table the microwave is sitting on because on Friday, my microwave finally decided to die. Well ok, it didn't die- I think it might be haunted or possessed. Throughout the week it had acted really strange and then all of a sudden would turn on and start running on its own which really freaked me out and I would have to unplug it while we weren't using it. Then on Friday, it decided that it wanted to continue to turn on and off by itself but not let me microwave anything. So outside my microwave went. I know that it got a little banged up in all of the different moves I have put it through but still. I am sooo hoping there is no ghost/ entities in this house or I'm going to freak out and we're going to have to get someone over here to try to fix that. But besides that haunted microwave crap, we also ran errands, as usual, and I baked. Jesse has been wanting a pumpkin roll since before Thanksgiving and I keep saying I'll bake it and then push it off to the next weekend and the weekend after that and so on but I finally decided to make him one. I have never made one before and certain parts were a little difficult to do on my own. Oh yea and my electric hand mixer stopped working when I was making the cream cheese filling. So off to the trash the mixer went- at least it was a super cheap one. And then I also made brownies. I used these reindeer cookie cutters to make reindeer shaped brownies but the shapes didn't come out as well as I had expected. But they are COOKIE cutters and certain parts of the cookie cutters were more narrow than others. Who cares though? They are brownies and I only made them for me and Jesse anyway. And then for dinner Jesse made the most amazing kabobs on the grill.






 Before

After

   Sunday we had planned on getting the house really clean and for Jesse to work on my mom and step dad's present. Well the cleaning didn't really happen. We organized the kitchen counter a bit and got a bunch of crap off of the dining room table and I swept a little but that was no where near what I wanted to accomplish. The house needs to be cleaned regardless but I also wanted it to really get cleaned because Jesse had talked about possibly inviting his mom and step dad over for lunch this weekend while they are in town. Yea, that isn't happening. The house just isn't clean and ready, so it'll have to be pushed off until next time they visit. At least we didn't officially invite them over, or if Jesse did officially invite them, I hope hope hope he told them it would be postponed. But besides a few other minor things, I think that is all we did Sunday.

   Well, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I'm off to go give a little wiggle butt by the name of Audrey a bath.

-Heather

Comments

  1. The pumpkin roll looks delicious. I've had a log cake like that, but the dark cake, you know the one I'm talking about? They're ggoooood!

    Well, the day is here and no more time is left. I'm on my way into work now, mall is open at 8 and I'm going to pick up the last of our things this morning. The dogs are at my moms and I already miss them terribly. :(
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas my friend and all the best to you and Jesse on your first together.
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know what you're talking about but I have never had one.

      Awww and thank you. I hope you all had an awesome Christmas!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on House Hunting

I'm NOT Going to Breastfeed and My Child Will Turn Out Just Fine!

2016 Christmas Card