Weekend Recap

   Yea I know, my recap is a little late but I made sure I got it done before we are in a completely new year.

   I had a blast this past weekend. After I got off work and got home, I baked cookies to bring to my family on Christmas. I figured I'd get them baked the day before so that I could decorate them later or the morning of. And then after Jesse got off of work on Christmas Eve, we headed over to his Aunt's house to celebrate and for me to meet his mom and stepdad and of course receive and exchange gifts. We had a really great time and his mom and I got to really know each other and she really likes me- so that's a plus!



Here's a quick look at the cookies I baked and decorated

   Christmas morning started off early with the dogs opening their presents- ok I opened the presents for them- and then Jesse went with his friend to a shooting range real quick. I decided to get each dog only one present this year but get good quality more expensive presents. To say Gemma loved her present was an understatement. She guarded that thing, cuddled with it, and wouldn't let it go. But not long into me dipping and decorating the Christmas cookies did I get a sense that Audrey had ripped poor Gemma's toy. That naughty little bulldog almost completely ripped off Roo's head (yes, I name the dogs' toys). So I took the stuffing out of the head and took it away so that she didn't destroy Gemma's toy further while I tended to the cookies. The toy is still fine for them to play with and it was still made of good quality chew guard material but when you have two dogs tugging the toy in opposite directions, then obviously the area where the toy is the thinnest (like the neck) is going to rip. All of the dogs have been playing with Tigger and Audrey's presents though and although Audrey's present is a little chewed up, it'll last a while since it is made of that rag-a-bone rope material.

   After Jesse got back and we finished getting ready, we went to my mom's house first to exchange gifts. My sister got her wisdom teeth out the day before Christmas Eve, so I brought over some separate cookies for her to have when she was able to eat solid food again. Finally after my stepdad and Jesse got back from taking a forever long trip to get cigars (my stepdad actually likes Jesse and this is very rare for him to act the way he does with Jesse, which is awesome), we got to the gift exchanging. My sister asked for things like sweaters and scarves since she goes to college near Philly and it gets really cold up there during winter. I got her a sweater from Old Navy, and gloves, a scarf, and a snood from Target. And then Jesse and I surprised my mom and my stepdad with a pallet dog bed! We made them close their eyes and everything while we brought it from the car into the house. After a little more gift exchanging and picture taking, we all went to my stepsister and her fiance's house. We had a great time over there too. We exchanged more gifts, ate some great Italian food, and got to see my adorable twin nephews.





 I'm sure you can guess why my sister is covering her cheeks/ jaw with her hands.


   We didn't stay there too long though because the fur babies needed to be fed and taken care of and we had to go to bed super early. I think I took a quick nap at 4:00 p.m. and then went to bed around 7:00 p.m. and Jesse went to bed at about 5:00 p.m. So why did we go to bed so freakin' early do you ask? Because my mom and her brother (my uncle) had a text message miscommunication about what time Jesse had to be at my grandma's house the following morning in Virginia to go hunting. I woke up at 11:00 p.m., we left the house at about 12:45 a.m. to get gas and breakfast and got to my grandma's around 3:15 a.m. [My sister stayed home because it was her and her boyfriend's anniversary and she still didn't feel good from getting her wisdom teeth out. So she stayed at my house and watched and took care of Tigger and Gemma and I took Audrey with me.] We had to wake my grandma and one of my cousins up because no one knew we were getting there that early. And no one else got there until 9:00 a.m.!!! I was so mad but it's ok because we had a great time. I haven't been down to that house in about 4 years or so? A bunch (but not all) of my aunts, uncles, and cousins came down and of course my mom and stepdad. It rained, so Jesse only went out into the woods for a short time and came back to the house because nothing was out there, it was raining, and no one else went out there to hunt that day.

I put a dog safety vest on her that I had gotten Gemma a long time ago. 

   The day was filled with drinking, laughing, catching up, babying Audrey, and having a blast. I finally went on the back of a four wheeler- twice- for the first time and Jesse got to shoot guns with my cousins and uncles. My family loves him. They say he fits right in with that side of the family. They can't wait for us to come back down and my uncle invited Jesse to go hunting with him at that property (130 acres) and another property next deer season. This is all very rare and it is just so awesome. Jesse and I have never felt the way we do about each other with anyone else and our families haven't acted this way about people we've brought around either. Jesse says it makes him feel like we're a real couple and I couldn't agree more.

   Alright, enough of that mushy stuff. We didn't get back to the house until about 8:00 p.m., give or take, and after eating some fast food and taking the dogs out, we went straight to bed. Sunday was full of errands and then we decided to go over our friends' house to hang out for a little bit and drink wine. The wine was probably not the best idea. My body was still recovering from all of the traveling the past three days and then drinking the day before. Thank God I took off Monday because I didn't feel good at all and my body was done. I wanted to get so much done on Monday, including typing up this post, and practically nothing got done. But having such a fun amazing weekend and enjoying it with Jesse made it all worth it.

   I plan on doing another post later this week or sometime next week about some of the presents we gave, some of the presents I received, and the white chocolate dipped ginger cookie recipe I used to bake this year's Christmas cookies. So be on the lookout for that post.

-Heather


Comments

  1. It sounds like you had a great and busy holiday. leaving the house before 1am?! ah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and I know! It was crazy. Next time, I am definitely going to check what time we're supposed to be there like a hundred times instead of relying on others to tell me and get it right.

      Delete
  2. Jesus what a miscommunication that was, shit!

    That's so nice and thoughtful Jesse and you gave your momma and step dad a pallet dog bed. That's awesome!

    I'm so glad you explained your sisters hands on her face. I saw on FB and I was going to ask but thought better of it. I totally get it - I looked like a bruised chipmunk when I had mine removed.

    Happy New Year babe!! Xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was like wtf?

      Yea they were really happy. I haven't checked in on how often their dogs are using it but I know they were laying on it the day we gave it to them.

      My sister's jaw area was so swollen lol. But I don't think it was bad enough to cover up in pictures. Oh well, I'm sure I would've felt the same or at least I think I would've let my hair cover my cheeks but I'm sure she didn't feel like actually doing her hair.

      Happy New Year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

9 Months Old

Tips on House Hunting

Months 4-6