New Year's Eve Weekend Recap

   Jeez, how much does it suck that the first work week of the new year is the first full work week since the week before Christmas? But hey, at least I got my first weekend recap post of the year done and posted on time!

   So this weekend was pretty mellow. For New Year's Eve, we went to our friend's house. I barely drank anything. I just wasn't feeling that great and just didn't feel like drinking but that doesn't mean I didn't have a good time celebrating. And I got to eat lots of shrimp, yummy :). And of course I got to spend New Year's Eve with my man, our first New Year's Eve together.

   I wore the same sequin top as I did last year. I wasn't too happy with my outfit last year. I just didn't feel that comfortable and didn't feel like it flattered me all too well. I even thought about going out (or going online) and buying an outfit for NYE but I didn't and I'm glad because it helped me save some money. I didn't even really have my outfit planned out. I just kind of looked in my closet, contemplated for a few minutes, and then told myself this is what I was wearing and I wasn't going to give it another thought or worry.



Jesse needs to practice his picture taking skills lol.

   I loved how the outfit turned out. The blazer and jeans helped tone down the top and then it all worked well with my metallic caged heeled sandals that I love so much- I obviously love them a lot because one of them is chewed up (I think by Audrey?) and I still wear them. I also got to wear my new ear jacket earrings from Target, which I also love. I played around with and layered a few different eye shadows mainly from the ULTA makeup kit Jesse's stepmom got me for Christmas, but didn't go too crazy with it since my top was so bold. And I didn't feel like washing my hair or doing my hair up real nice, so I straightened it for the most part and then threw it up in a clip. Any who, we went home right after midnight and called it a night.

 We both need to work on taking pictures of us kissing. Is it weird that I'm 24 and I've never taken a picture of me and a guy kissing?

   Jesse had already planned on us not doing anything Friday. I was a little hesitant of not really doing anything because I wanted to get some things done but then I realized that we should just enjoy our day off doing nothing and that's pretty much what we did. We stayed in bed forever with the fur babies and just lounged all day at home, besides Jesse going out to get us food.

   Saturday was probably the most eventful day. We didn't do a whole lot either but we did run errands and Jesse cooked us dinner.

Venison stir dry- yummm

   Sunday was another lounge day except we did get some cleaning, laundry, and a little bit of straightening up done and of course, Jesse cooked us dinner. He cooks for us so much on the weekends, so I definitely plan to cook once this coming weekend.

This was taken mid-meal since the scalloped potatoes weren't quite ready when the steak and asparagus was but it was all so good.

   Although we lounged a lot this weekend, it doesn't really feel like it. I could've definitely used a few more days of snuggles and lounging but we have to be adults and make that money.

   Have a great week y'all!!!

-Heather

Comments

  1. happy new year girl!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!!! Loving that outfit. Would love to see you at tomorrow's linkup!

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit - you look amazing girl!

    Sounds nice and low key like ours was, too.

    Ugh were half way to Friday. I need a vacation. I need to win the lottery so I don't have to go to work and make a living!!! You and me both, right? ;)
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly!

      Yes, definitely, me and you both haha.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on House Hunting

Months 4-6

2016 Christmas Card