I'm Pregnant!!!

   Yup, you read that correctly! I am pregnant! What a freakin' year. I still can't believe it but Jesse and I are over the moon excited that we are expecting our first child. Baby McAward is due New Year's Eve!

   Just a few years ago I was saying I'm not going to get married. I was completely content by myself being an independent dog mom and here I am today: engaged & preggers and couldn't be happier! I just made the announcement on social media and it feels sooo good to get the amazing news out and share our excitement with the world! Like I seriously cannot stop grinning and even got a little teary eyed typing and posting the announcement.

   So how far along am I? As of today, I am 12 weeks and 3 days! 2nd trimester is almost here!!! And thank God because this morning all day sickness is killing me. Thankfully my doctor put me on Diclegis (which I am still on) because I could not keep anything down or function and even ended up making a trip to the ER due to dehydration.

   Wow I don't even know what to say because I am just so excited!!! And yes, you will be seeing weekly bumpdates (which will probably start next week) on the blog (if I get the chance to actually do them every week) but I do plan to try to blog about other non-baby and non-wedding related stuff too- keyword "try".

   I have been informed that I do have a high risk pregnancy because of health problems and medication. I've gone off of Concerta and Paxil but am still on Lamictal (a lower dosage per day) and Ritalin, which for now, I cannot come off of. Some studies show Lamictal can cause cleft palate, cleft lip, or Spina Bifida (because it affects the absorption of folic acid). And the fact that Jesse was born with Spina Bifida Occulta, a type of Spina Bifida that usually goes undiagnosed/ unnoticed unless the individual has a x-ray done at some point in their lives and it doesn't affect the individual, puts the baby more at risk for developing Spina Bifida. The increased risk is only 5% but still. I occasionally worked with a student with Spina Bifida when I worked in a Middle School and it is no joke but even if our baby does end up having it, we will still love him or her no matter what.


   We had our last appointment with a genetic counselor and had a diagnostic ultrasound done on Monday. The doctors say that Baby McAward is growing and doing great, which is relieving news for a momma-to-be to hear. And I have another prenatal appointment Thursday to discuss more genetics and family health history, which of course, I have made a spreadsheet for!

   And guess what?! I decided to get the Harmony Test (blood test) done, which tests for Down Syndrome and Trisomy 21, 18, and 13. And... it also tells you the gender!!! The doctor said I should get the results and the gender early next week!!! *Knock on Wood* *fingers crossed* I won't be having a gender reveal party, so look out for a post that should go out sometime next week with our baby's gender revealed!!!

   Alright, well that's all for now and I hope you check back soon!

 Our announcement picture! Which did not go as well as planned because of Mr. Gary being an obnoxious puppy and because of the heat. So Daddy had to step in for us to get the picture real quick.

 12 weeks and 2 days!

11 weeks and 2 days! One of the sonograms from our first ultrasound.

-Heather

 

Comments

  1. Ahhhhhh! CONGRATULATIONS!! I kinda had this feeling you might be. Saw a pic of you on the weekend and your belly looked like you ate a bigger burger but I just had a hunch. So happy for you girl, can't wait to follow and I do hope you both will be well and healthy.

    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it was so hard to keep the secret!!! Thank you so much!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on House Hunting

I'm NOT Going to Breastfeed and My Child Will Turn Out Just Fine!

2016 Christmas Card