There was an error in this gadget

Friday, June 17, 2016

When Tragedy Strikes Part 2 and Tattoo #9

   On Sunday, March 27, 2016, a sweet little angel was taken from this world way too soon... just barely over a month before his 2nd birthday. My nephew, Roman Carmello, passed away Easter morning and this post is for him. I'm not going to write about how he died or any details regarding his death, so don't bother asking. I'm just going to keep this post short and simple.

   This was the poem I typed up (not written by me), put his picture on it and framed it to be put on display at his celebration.

Little Angels
When God calls little children
to dwell with Him above.
We mortals sometimes question
the wisdom of His love.
for no heartache compares with
the death of one small child,
who does so much to make our world
seem wonderful and mild.
Perhaps God tires of calling
the aged to His fold.
So He picks a rosebud
before it can grow old.
God knows how much we need them
and so He takes but few,
to make the land of Heaven
more beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult
still somehow we must try.
The saddest word mankind know 
will always be "Goodbye".
So when a child departs
we who are left behind,
must realize God loves children,
Angels are hard to find.


   And naturally, I got a memorial tattoo for him. Roman and his twin brother, Vinny, love Mickey Mouse (or "Gickey" as they call him) and Roman's favorite color is red. I found a tattoo very very similar to this on Pinterest and thought it was perfect. I just personalized it a bit.


And this is Roman's hand print that I framed, painted a quote and his name on, and hung in my living room. "When a loved one becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure."

   I also got my step sister a bouquet charm with Roman's picture in it to put on her wedding bouquet when she walks down the aisle. I'm not going to post a picture of hers on here and I don't think they sell the exact one I ordered anymore but if you think a wedding bouquet charm would be perfect for someone you know, check out AdoreAmorAccessories on Etsy.

And this is where I'm going to leave this post. We are all still grieving and will never get over this but thank God for family because we wouldn't be able to get through this (or try to get through this) without each other.

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment