17 Week Bumpdate

   Ugggh, can we all please just put our pajamas back on and crawl back into bed??? No? Ok, then we might as well get on with this bumpdate.


How Far Along: 17 weeks and 2 days

Due Date: 12/31/2016 New Year's Eve!

Baby is the Size of: A Turnip! Baby is measuring 5" from crown to rump- can you believe how long she is already?!

Weight Gain: Well it looks like so far I have gained 7 lbs total.

Symptoms: Nausea, headaches, sore sensitive boobs, bloating, moody, fatigue, lightening crotch, sciatic nerve pain, and as of yesterday I have officially started feeling round ligament pain. I can't say enough how thankful I am for Diclegis so that I'm not puking my brains out! The midwife I saw on Friday wants me to start weaning myself off but I'm so scared to. So I've decreased it from 3 pills a day to two.

Gender: Girl!

Name: Rory Brielle

Movement: None, it is still too early although I get these little electric shock feelings sometimes. Some people on my app say it is movement from the baby and some say it's not. So who the hell knows.

Nursery: We're going with a woodland/ woodland critters and floral theme. I've been pinning away and can't wait to paint and decorate! I've bought two things for the nursery so far. Jesse's Aunt, Uncle, and cousins got Rory the cutest Ariel The Little Mermaid wall art piece that I'm for sure putting in her closet where her little dress up station will be. We got the paint for Rory's nursery and I just ordered a curtain rod and curtains yesterday!

Maternity Clothes: I'm starting to switch over to wearing the belly band with most of my jeans now. I also wear my one maternity tank top sometimes in size small. I placed an order with Old Navy this weekend for a few basics (and some more clothes for Rory. What happened to me not buying anymore clothes for her this month? Whoops...)

Sleep: I am so freaking tired. I try to catch up on sleep a little bit on the weekends but Gary makes that very difficult.

Best Moment of the Week: Picking out paint and completing (for now) my baby registry! Oh and hearing our little girl's heartbeat (in the 150s) on Friday! When I was listening on the doppler to Rory's heartbeat, the midwife and I heard her kick twice!!! She said I will definitely be feeling this girl kick very soon- eek!!! My mom said she felt my sister and I kick early on too.

Missing: Wine and Margaritas- especially margaritas! I still need to get a new bigger blender and get Jesse to make me some virgin ones.

Cravings & Aversions: Rice (and Chipotle- that's a given), pasta, popsicles, donuts, brownies, cupcakes, mozzarella sticks, string cheese, fruit, and fresh veggies (mainly celery).

   Aversions... Still the same. Grilled chicken (unless it is like overdone and crispyish), nuts, spinach & artichoke dip, biscuits, and steamed green vegetables aren't appealing to me at all but I still mix steamed green beans into my lunch and am still able to eat them as long as I don't smell them.

Mood: Very happy but getting very easily annoyed.

Looking Forward to: Getting the Quad Test done today (one of the things it tests for is Spina Bifida) and painting the nursery this weekend!!!

Have a great week!!!

-Heather







Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So far (besides the morning sickness) it has gone pretty well. The new round ligament pain I experienced for the first time yesterday was intense that's for sure.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on House Hunting

I'm NOT Going to Breastfeed and My Child Will Turn Out Just Fine!

2016 Christmas Card