Birthday Weekend Recap

   Good Morning y'all! Coming back to work after a 3-day weekend is NEVER fun. You are usually extra tired and just do not feel like being there. But we have to earn a living, right?

   On Sunday I turned 25! Just 5 years away from 30 and I am officially the same age as Jesse (until the 17th when he turns 26). This year's birthday was definitely different than most. We kept the usual tradition of going out to lunch or dinner but I didn't do any shopping and of course I didn't do any drinking. It is so weird, you would think being pregnant that I would stuff my face at dinner. Nope. Jesse took me to Outback Steakhouse. I ate a little bit of bread and some of a bloomin' onion before our dinner came out but I barely could eat any of my dinner and definitely had no room for dessert. So far, being pregnant, I've had to eat small meals and then snack throughout the whole day. It's mainly to help my nausea but I also just tend to be hungry throughout the day and if I try to eat a big meal or regular sized meal, my stomach usually ends up hurting really bad. But hey, I'm cool with leftovers.


This American Eagle dress makes me look huge. I order a birthday dress every year and my sister advised against this one- I should've listened to her. I also wish I hadn't ordered a size up. I sized up since I thought I might possibly be bigger or showing more on my birthday and would be more comfortable sizing up. I was comfortable but I definitely could've went the next size down. Oh well. I'll be able to wear this when I'm a little further along.

   We spent a lot of the weekend trying to get some more things done with the house (still a lot to do and none of the rooms are completely finished being decorated, etc. I might share some things on here soon that I've already shared on instagram) and cleaned because we had family over the evening of my birthday for a bonfire and s'mores! This girl loves her some s'mores and little Rory definitely agreed. This little shindig (pretty much the first time having people over at our new house) wasn't super organized, which is so unusual for me, but it was still fun. My nephew definitely kept us entertained.

   All of our dogs have been around children before but only Audrey has actually been around my nephew and the last time she saw him was when the twins started walking, which scared the shit out of her. The dogs did sooo good! I had to grab Tigger real quick when my nephew decided he wanted to run around the yard because I saw all three dogs running towards my nephew and Tigger, being the largest (for now), would've definitely knocked him to the ground. Gary jumped on him pushing him up against the fence but it wasn't a big deal. My nephew is 2 and Gary only weighs 30 lbs. We only kept the dogs out for a little bit not to overwhelm them. Plus we didn't want them outside when any fireworks started. So they laid comfortably in their dog room with the t.v. on.

   I am SUPER proud of Audrey though! She even joined in on the chase and didn't jump on him. She came up to everyone while I had the dogs outside for a little bit instead of hiding in a corner crouched down to the ground. She did hide under my chair for a little bit to eat some grass but overall, she did AMAZING and I didn't even give her extra calm tabs before the fam arrived! You don't understand how much of a huge step this is for her and her anxiety.

   My little birthday celebration was over by 10:00 p.m. which was perfectly fine with my because I was exhausted. 4th of July was pretty uneventful. It was cool out and we were just too tired from the weekend and wanted to relax at least somewhat. So we just ran some errands, watched Joe Dirt 2, and caught up on the last two episodes of The Real Housewives of Dallas (yes, Jesse watches this with me even though he hates to admit it).

   It is crazy to think that my next birthday and 4th of July will be celebrated with my little girl! And I will be married!

   I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

-Heather

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on House Hunting

Months 4-6

2016 Christmas Card