There was an error in this gadget

Monday, August 1, 2016

18 Week Bumpdate

   Holy shit, I'm 18 weeks pregnant?!!! Almost half way there and it is so freakin' exciting!



How Far Along: 18 weeks and 2 days

Due Date: 12/31/2016 New Year's Eve!

Baby is the Size of: A Sweet Potato! Baby is measuring 5.5" from crown to rump- can you believe how long she is already?!

Weight Gain: Well it looks like so far I have gained 7 lbs total (maybe 8 lbs as of today).

   The last midwife I saw (at 16 weeks and 6 days) told me to try to not eat too much. Not something a pregnant woman or any woman wants to hear. She said I had a bit of a weight jump from the last time they saw me but I honestly think the nurse who weighed me must have entered in the wrong number (and of course she didn't tell me the number that was entered) because I don't think 7 lbs total is that bad. My mom was definitely not happy when I told her the midwife said this crap.

   I did decide to change up my breakfast and swap some snacks out for healthier ones but come on, 7 lbs? Is it that horrible? And my boobs grew a whole cup size since being pregnant (and I might need to get a new bra again)- so they have to play some part in the weight gain, right? and did they forget about constipation during pregnancy. Sorry if y'all don't want to hear it but you get constipated and backed up during pregnancy and if we're being honest here, I had that problem BEFORE I got pregnant. It has actually improved since being pregnant (funny how things work) but I'm still backed up, so that has to count for some of the weight gain too, right? Eh who cares, we'll see how much I weigh at my next appointment. It's not like I eat garbage and stuff my face every minute of the day.

Symptoms: Nausea, headaches, sore sensitive boobs, bloating, moody, fatigue, lightening crotch, sciatic nerve pain, and round ligament pain. I can't say enough how thankful I am for Diclegis so that I'm not puking my brains out! Last night was the first night I didn't take any Diclegis in order to get myself down to one pill a day (in the morning).

Gender: Girl!

Name: Rory Brielle

Movement: Who the hell knows? Sometimes I wonder if I felt something but then I'm like nah. At my last appointment, I did hear her (on the doppler) kick twice when listening to her heartbeat and the midwife said I should for sure feel it soon and that she is going to be a kicker. My mom said she felt my sister and I kick early so I am really hoping to feel and see that soon!

Nursery: We're going with a woodland/ woodland critters and floral theme. I've been pinning away and can't wait to paint and decorate! I've bought two things for the nursery so far. Jesse's Aunt, Uncle, and cousins got Rory the cutest Ariel The Little Mermaid wall art piece that I'm for sure putting in her closet where her little dress up station will be. The nursery is painted people!!!

Maternity Clothes: I wear a belly band with my pre-pregnancy jeans and I have a few basics (2 tops and leggings) but that's about all the maternity clothes I have bought so far. I'm thinking I'm going to need to buy some maternity pants soon though.

Sleep: I am so freaking tired. I try to catch up on sleep a little bit on the weekends but Gary makes that very difficult.

Best Moment of the Week: Painting the nursery and getting the curtain rod and curtains hung up!!! Yay!

Missing: Wine and Margaritas- especially margaritas! I still need to get a new bigger blender and get Jesse to make me some virgin ones. I bought a blender for my sister's upcoming birthday b/c she said that's what she wanted but why did I not buy myself a new one? I have no idea.

Cravings & Aversions: Rice (and Chipotle- that's a given), popsicles, donuts, brownies, cupcakes, mozzarella sticks, string cheese, fruit, and fresh veggies (mainly celery), Reese's peanut butter cups, did I say donuts?, chocolate, Belgian waffles, and Olive Garden's black tie mousse cake. This little girl has some good taste! I usually don't give into my cravings though and thankfully I am able to fight them (most of the time) for now.

   Aversions... Still the same. Grilled chicken (unless it is like overdone and crispyish), nuts, spinach & artichoke dip, biscuits, and steamed green vegetables aren't appealing to me at all but I still mix steamed green beans into my lunch and am still able to eat them as long as I don't smell them.

Mood: Very happy but getting very easily annoyed.

Looking Forward to: Tomorrow night is the last night of puppy training- thank God! Jesse does all the training at the actual class and I just sit and listen but still. I know we are all happy that after this week, we do not have to go to puppy class anymore.

Have a great week!!!



-Heather






2 comments: