22 Week Bumpdate

   Is it really Monday again already??? These weekends go by way too quickly and I can't believe it is almost September!



How Far Along: 22 weeks and 2 days

Due Date: 12/31/2016 New Year's Eve!

Baby is the Size of: A Spaghetti Squash! Baby is measuring 8" from crown to rump.

Weight Gain: 11 lbs.

Symptoms: Nausea, headaches, sore sensitive boobs, bloating, moody, fatigue, lightening crotch, sciatic nerve pain, calf cramps, and round ligament pain. I've been cutting out the morning pill (Diclegis for morning sickness) and just taking 1 pill before bed. I tried not taking my pill Monday night in hopes of trying to wean off of Diclegis. BIG HUGE mistake. I felt sick all day Tuesday. When I came home from work (after taking care of the dogs), I laid down in bed with the dogs and then ended up puking on Jesse's side of the bed while peeing on my side of the bed at the same time. Embarrassing, gross, and just not fun.

Gender: Girl!

Name: Rory Brielle

Movement: Some days I think I've felt her but then I have no idea. I think it doesn't help that my anxiety is a little up since I'm not taking any anxiety meds right now and so I'm constantly second guessing it and thinking it's all in my head. I should definitely be feeling her in the next week or two but some people on my app said with their first they didn't feel kicks until 26-27 weeks. So we will just wait and see.

Nursery: We're going with a woodland/ woodland critters and floral theme. The nursery is painted and the curtain rod and curtains are hung up. And Jesse hung up the watercolor art print set!

   Later in the week I decided that on the other wall where her crib is against (oh yea, her crib came and Jesse put that together too!) we are going to put up a gallery wall. So I designed her gallery wall on Thursday and ordered most of the stuff for it. Some of it will be DIY and some things will be changed slightly like colors but here is Rory's gallery wall inspiration and her crib:


Maternity Clothes: I wear a belly band with my pre-pregnancy jeans, I have a few basics (3 tops and leggings), a winter coat, and I officially bought my first two pairs of maternity jeans (from Target)! When I tried them on in the dressing room I was like Omg why did I not buy these sooner?! They are so so so comfy.

Sleep: I am so freaking tired. I try to catch up on sleep a little bit on the weekends but Gary makes that very difficult. Lately my sleep has not been good. I've been waking up randomly (and it's not to pee) and just not getting great sleep. I switched to sleeping mainly on my right side instead of the left side (I was doing that mostly for good blood circulation for the baby and b/c I usually start off like that) and I think that helps some nights. However, Jesse hurt his shoulder at work a few weeks ago. He has a torn rotator cuff and of course with the way workman's comp works, the doctor wants him to keep doing physical therapy and taking steroids and continue working. So he has had many nights where he hasn't slept at all and that probably isn't helping my sleep issues.

Best Moment(s) of the Week: Jesse putting the crib together and putting up the watercolor print set and me designing Rory's gallery wall.

Missing: Wine, wine coolers, and Margaritas- especially margaritas! I still need to get a new bigger blender and get Jesse to make me some virgin ones. I bought a blender for my sister's birthday present b/c she said that's what she wanted but why did I not buy myself a new one? I have no idea. I really should get on this and get on buying a crock pot so that I can make freezer meals right before Rory is born.

Cravings & Aversions: Rice (and Chipotle- that's a given), donuts, brownies, cupcakes, milkshakes, mozzarella sticks, string cheese, fruit, and fresh veggies (mainly fresh raw green peppers), did I say donuts?, chocolate, Belgian waffles, s'mores, and Olive Garden's black tie mousse cake. This little girl has some good taste!

   Aversions... Still the same. Grilled chicken (unless it is like overdone and crispyish), nuts, spinach & artichoke dip, and biscuits.

Mood: Very happy but getting very easily annoyed. I am so mean to Jesse on Saturdays when he usually has to work- sorry babe! If Jesse works Saturdays (and sometimes Sundays), he still has to get up early and for some odd reason, our crazy fur child Gary has to get up at that time too to go potty and eat. So then I have to get all the dogs up and take care of them and then hopefully am able to go back to sleep for 2-3 more hours but boy am I cranky.

Looking Forward to: Going down to my grandmom's house for a day this weekend. I'll be bringing Audrey but the boys will be boarded for the first time. They will be boarded where my mom boards her dogs and will be together in a luxury suite, so I'm sure they will be fine but still.

Have a great week!!!



-Heather









Comments

  1. I found your blog through Baby Ridley Bump. I'm so glad you're keeping a weekly record of your pregnancy because it's so fun to go back through and look at down the road. I'm sorry your feeling nauseous. I was SO nauseous until halfway through my second trimester. So I can relate to a lot of your symptoms. Lol, including peeing the bed. I may have done that once or twice.
    Do you have a Snoogle? I bought it in my first trimester and it was the greatest thing I ever bought (besides for my donor eggs-ha!) I hope things start getting better. I love the nursery idea and her name. Looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's such a great idea to keep weekly bumpdates. I can't wait to look back on these down the road. My mom plans on printing them all out and doing something special with them.

      I don't have a Snoogle. In the beginning I was all for getting one and then I read some people either love or hate it. So I never bought one, just a regular body pillow. I'm just hesitant to purchase one because I'm not sure if it will actually be effective since I had sleep issues prior to pregnancy. Who knows, maybe I'll end up giving in and buying one soon. Thank you so much for the recommendation!

      Delete
  2. Love that belly of yours!

    At least all of the dogs will be together, so it shouldn't be too bad on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so ready for it to be completely rounded out though lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

9 Months Old

Tips on House Hunting

Months 4-6