23 Week Bumpdate

   Ugh, going back to work after a long weekend sucks but hey, at least it's only a 4 day work week (for me at least)!


How Far Along: 23 weeks and 3 days

Due Date: 12/31/2016 New Year's Eve!

Baby is the Size of: A Papaya! Baby is measuring 8" from crown to rump.

Weight Gain: 13 lbs.

Symptoms: Nausea, headaches, sore sensitive boobs, bloating, moody, fatigue, lightening crotch, sciatic nerve pain, calf cramps, and round ligament pain. Still taking 1 morning sickness pill before bed.

Gender: Girl!

Name: Rory Brielle

Movement: Pretty damn confident in saying that on Thursday after work, I felt her kick multiple times! I had eaten some brownies about an hour or less before I felt her and I was laying down on the couch. It is so exciting!!! It is so true that when you finally feel those kicks, you know they are for sure kicks. Jesse hasn't been able to feel her kick from the outside yet but the other night he felt her move or roll or something and it was so awesome to see his excitement and share that moment together.

Nursery: We're going with a woodland/ woodland critters and floral theme. The nursery is painted, the curtain rod and curtains are hung up, crib is put together, and some wall art has been put up. We have some pieces for her gallery wall but I'm still waiting for some to be delivered to our house. We bought the DIY stuff for some of her gallery wall over the weekend.

Maternity Clothes: I have a few basics (3 tops and leggings), a winter coat, and two pairs of maternity jeans. I'm wearing the maternity jeans but on other days I'm still wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans unzippered with a belly band.

Sleep: Still tired, nothing new here.

Best Moment(s) of the Week: Going down to Virginia on Sunday to my grandmom's house and seeing my cousins and their kids and family. It was a lot of fun but my anxiety was sky high. It started off high because we had all 3 dogs in the car to take the boys to boarding. I have never boarded any of the dogs we have, so I was a nervous wreck (don't worry, they did great and were together in a luxury suite with a t.v.). And then I had anxiety because of the drive to VA and then b/c of Audrey having anxiety (I'm pretty sure our anxiety kept feeding off one another and making it worse) on the way down and at my grandmom's and so from there, I had anxiety on the drive home and a mild mini anxiety attack. I'm going to see if my psychiatrist will put me on some type of anxiety pill that is safe to take during pregnancy b/c having anxiety that high isn't good for me or Rory. Besides all of the anxiety, we all had a really great time.

My stepsister, brother-in-law, and nephews got Rory this necklace!!! How cute?! My favorite animal (besides dogs), my favorite color, and then the tutu on top is the perfect icing on the cake. I love it!

On the way back from my grandmom's (well only a few minutes after we had left), Jesse found a dog friendly restaurant called Grafton Street Irish Pub! Normally they make you tie the dog's leash to the outside of the fence but y'all know me and that doesn't fly around here. But then they said they had a couch area in the back corner that Audrey could sit on with us while we ate. It was so awesome and Audrey was very spoiled with human food this weekend- shhh, don't tell the boys.

 Erin Gray at Two Thirds Hazel now has an Etsy Shop, Kensington Gray, full of cute handmade little girl's headbands! I absolutely love the trio set I ordered for Rory and of course, Audrey had to model one. 

And we ended up stopping at Kohl's real quick yesterday to pick up new sunglasses for Jesse. We decided to make a quick pit stop in the baby section and I'm so glad we did. Jesse bought his first two outfits for Rory at 70% off each! I love the little romper and it's no surprise Rory would get clothing with English Bulldogs on them. Love!

Missing: Wine, wine coolers, and Margaritas- especially margaritas! I still need to get a new bigger blender and get Jesse to make me some virgin ones. I bought a blender for my sister's birthday present b/c she said that's what she wanted but why did I not buy myself a new one? I have no idea. I really should get on this and get on buying a crock pot so that I can make freezer meals right before Rory is born.

Cravings & Aversions: Rice (and Chipotle- that's a given), donuts, brownies, cupcakes, mozzarella sticks, string cheese, fruit, and fresh veggies (mainly fresh raw green peppers), did I say donuts?, chocolate, Belgian waffles, s'mores, and Olive Garden's black tie mousse cake. This little girl has some good taste!

   Aversions... Still the same. Grilled chicken (unless it is like overdone and crispyish), nuts, spinach & artichoke dip, and biscuits.

Mood: Very happy but getting very easily annoyed.

Looking Forward to: The York fair! We aren't sure if we're going this weekend or next but I can't wait for the food!!! That's the main reason I'm excited haha. I'm also excited to get started on the DIY wall art for Rory's gallery wall.

Have a great week!!!



-Heather










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on House Hunting

I'm NOT Going to Breastfeed and My Child Will Turn Out Just Fine!

2016 Christmas Card