24 Week Bumpdate

   Sooo if you count a month as having 4 weeks in it, then I'm 6 months pregnant!!! But at the same time, not really. That's why it's so much more accurate to just go by weeks instead of months. Either way, my due date is getting closer you guys, eek! And I'm sure it is going to fly by with all of the upcoming Holidays.

I almost forgot to get Jesse to take my bumpdate picture. Not the best picture but an after shower picture right before we watched one of my favorite movies, Labyrinth, will have to do.

How Far Along: 24 weeks and 2 days

Due Date: 12/31/2016 New Year's Eve!

Baby is the Size of: An Ear of Corn! Baby is measuring 8.5" from crown to rump.

Weight Gain: 16 lbs. So it looks like I may have gained 3 lbs this week. I'm hoping she is just going through a growth spurt but I'm sure the sweets and lack of exercise aren't helping either. I really don't want to gain more than 25-30 lbs total this pregnancy but if I go over, it is what it is. I'm really hoping the weather is going to cool down and once we're at least in the mid 70's, then we'll be able to take the dogs for walks.

Symptoms: Nausea, headaches, sore sensitive boobs, bloating, moody, fatigue, lightening crotch, sciatic nerve pain, calf cramps, round ligament pain, and a little bit of heartburn. Still taking 1 morning sickness pill before bed.

Gender: Girl!

Name: Rory Brielle

Movement: Yup! During the work week, she is pretty calm at work but when I get home, and especially if I have some chocolate, and lay down on the couch after taking care of the dogs, she usually starts kicking. On the weekend, her kicking times vary but I'm just so happy to feel her kick!!! Jesse hasn't felt her kick yet but he did feel her move and he claims he felt her hand- who knows.

Nursery: We're going with a woodland/ woodland critters and floral theme. The nursery is painted, the curtain rod and curtains are hung up, crib is put together, and some wall art has been put up. We have some pieces for her gallery wall but I'm still waiting for one more piece to be delivered to our house. I started working on the DIY wall art for the gallery wall and am working on making closet organizers for Rory's clothes.

The closet dividers are almost done. They aren't turning out as great as I wanted them to but I just keep reminding myself that they're just closet dividers and will probably end up being thrown away or stored away in a memorabilia box and like never seen again. So, it's ok if they aren't turning out the way I wanted them to.

Maternity Clothes: I have a few basics (5 tops and leggings), a winter coat, a dress, and two pairs of maternity jeans. I'm wearing the maternity jeans but on other days I'm still wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans unzippered with a belly band.

Sleep: Still tired, nothing new here.

Best Moment(s) of the Week: Working on some DIY projects for our little girl and continuing to feel her kick!
Got my 2nd pumpkin spice drink of the season. It is way too hot out for a hot pumpkin spice latte, so I had to go with iced. Come on Fall weather!!!

I actually did some baking this weekend. Granted this is a super easy recipe but still. They're sooo good and Jesse loved them. I'm just hoping the strong peanut butter smell and taste doesn't end up making me nauseous at some point this week. You can find the recipe for these chocolate chip peanut butter oat cookies here.

Missing: Wine, wine coolers, margaritas, and gin and tonics.

Cravings & Aversions: Rice (and Chipotle- that's a given), donuts, brownies, cupcakes, cookies, mozzarella sticks, string cheese, fruit, and fresh veggies (mainly fresh raw green peppers), did I say donuts?, chocolate, Belgian waffles, s'mores, and Olive Garden's black tie mousse cake. This little girl has some good taste!

   Aversions... Still the same. Grilled chicken (unless it is like overdone and crispyish), nuts, spinach & artichoke dip, and biscuits.

Mood: Very happy but getting very easily annoyed.

Looking Forward to: Our echo ultrasound today! Can't wait to see Rory on the screen!!! Wednesday night (hopefully I can squeeze in a quick nap before) we are going to an I Heart the 90's concert! And then Thursday we are going to try to make it to the York fair! I cannot wait to eat all of that fair food. I legit may or may not be bringing a little backpack or bag with some tupperware to bring home food in. Jesse thinks I'm crazy but I can only manage to eat a little at a time and I want it all!

Have a great week!!!



-Heather












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on House Hunting

Months 4-6

2016 Christmas Card