There was an error in this gadget

Monday, October 17, 2016

29 Week Bumpdate

   Is it really Monday??? I am so freakin' tired I seriously debated staying home to sleep. I ended up getting to Dunkin' Donuts before they opened and ended up napping in their parking lot while waiting for them to open. And of course the person who made my iced latte (I limit myself to one three times per week) is the person who doesn't understand how to make a latte (it's not that hard!) and so there is barely any espresso in my latte at all (like I can't even taste it) and therefore, I don't even feel the slightest bit energized. Ok, ok, let me stop my complaining and get on with my bumpdate.


How Far Along: 29 weeks and 2 days

Due Date: 12/31/2016 New Year's Eve!

Baby is the Size of: A small cabbage! Baby should be measuring 17" long and should weigh 2.9 lbs but we already know she was weighing well over that exactly one week ago.

Weight Gain: 22 lbs. Yay! A week without any weight gain (or at least if I did gain any weight, it was under a pound). This was a relief after having a few weeks where I gained 2-3 lbs a week. I read that at this point sometimes weight gain stops or slows down but of course everyone is different and for some it speeds up. So we shall see.

Symptoms: Nausea, headaches, sore sensitive boobs, moody, fatigue, sciatic nerve pain, calf cramps, and a little bit of heartburn. Still taking 1 morning sickness pill before bed. I'm still experiencing excruciating back pain.

Gender: Girl!

Name: Rory Brielle

Movement: Yes but this girl is pretty laid back.

Nursery: We're going with a woodland/ woodland critters and floral theme. The nursery is a bit of a mess right now with tons of baby crap that needs to be organized and because I keep ordering more baby stuff, the boxes just keep on rolling in. We need get some more stuff put together this past weekend and got it a little more organized but there's still a lot to do and more to order.

Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing maternity jeans but on other days I'm still wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans unzippered with a belly band. I'm wearing maternity shirts but also still wearing my pre-pregnancy shirts (not all of them obviously lol).

Sleep: Exhausted. I am barely functioning right now.

Best Moment(s) of the Week: 
   Putting together more baby stuff and ordering tons of baby stuff. Boxes and boxes keep piling up at our door which I kind of love because who doesn't get excited to open up boxes of goodies?! Jesse would seriously have a heart attack if he knew how much I've been spending but it's not like we have much of a choice- babies need stuff! While the amount I'm spending isn't much fun, it is fun shopping around, placing orders, and receiving them.

   And I passed my glucose test!!! No gestational diabetes for this mommy-to-be (and I'm also not anemic either)! I'm so thankful and grateful I don't have it. Bring on the Rita's custard!

   We made loaded mashed potato casserole last night for the first time (recipe from Pinterest of course) and it was AMAZING! We halved the recipe (but added a little more butter, milk, bacon and cheddar cheese than called for) and still have leftovers for tonight. I highly recommend this recipe.
As you can see from the fork marks in the mashed potatoes, I couldn't wait long enough to take a picture before taking a bite or two.

Missing: Wine, wine coolers, margaritas, and gin and tonics.

Cravings & Aversions: Rice (and Chipotle- that's a given), brownies, cupcakes, cookies, fruit, and fresh veggies (mainly fresh raw green peppers), chocolate, Belgian waffles, s'mores, french toast, pumpkin spice lattes, soft serve vanilla and chocolate twist custard with chocolate sprinkles from Rita's and Olive Garden's black tie mousse cake.

   Aversions... Still the same. Grilled chicken (unless it is like overdone and crispyish), nuts, spinach & artichoke dip, and biscuits.

Mood: Very happy but getting very easily annoyed.

Looking Forward to: Working on Rory's nursery, writing thank you cards (not and yea, I STILL haven't gotten around to this and now I can't remember where I put the gift tracker list, so I'm going to try to start writing down stuff from memory in hopes that I can remember enough to do thank you cards), and going to my mom's for dinner on Sunday.

Have a great week!!!


-Heather


4 comments:

  1. YAY for passing the glucose test!!! And babies seriously need so much stuff. I remember thinking there is no way we are going to use all of this... and we really have lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how much they need, even the clothes! Before I got pregnant I used to think how great it was that baby clothes were so cheap. Well they're cheap for a reason- b/c they grow out of them so quickly!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the glucose test!!! And that recipe looks amazing. I will be pinning that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was so scared I was going to fail. We heated up leftovers last night. It isn't quite as good leftover as when you first make it but that might just be me b/c I like super crispy like rock hard bacon and when it was reheated, the bacon wasn't that hard.

      Delete