There was an error in this gadget

Monday, November 28, 2016

35 Week Bumpdate

   Ugh, Mondays after a long weekend are the worst and I seriously contemplated staying home today.


How Far Along: 35 weeks and 2 days

Due Date: 12/31/2016 New Year's Eve but c-section is scheduled for 12/28/16. So 4 weeks and 2 days until she is here!!!

Baby is the Size of: A canary melon! Baby should be measuring about 19-22" long and should weigh 5.5 lbs. Ha! At my ultrasound 3 weeks ago, she was weighing 6 lbs 1 oz. I can't wait to see what she is weighing at my next ultrasound in 1 week (my last ultrasound)!

Weight Gain: 33-34 lbs. Yup, I'm just going to have to accept this weight gain. I'm at the point where I do not care anymore (kind of) and just want to eat whatever will make me feel better.

Symptoms: Nausea, headaches, sensitive boobs, moody, fatigue, sciatic nerve pain, calf cramps, back pain, fainting, heartburn, hip pain, acid reflux, and braxton hicks (I think). I've had to start taking 2 Diclegis pills a day for morning sickness. I have just been feeling so sick and nauseous lately and like total crap. I'm so over this and so ready (but not ready) for Rory to be out of me.

Gender: Girl!

Name: Rory Brielle

Movement: Yes and she has actually been a little more active since my last non stress test. I think she's trying to let me know she's ok in there and to stop all of these dumb non stress tests. No can do little girl. As annoying as they are, they are for the best.

Engagement Ring On or Off: On but sometimes in the morning, it'll be a little difficult to get it on or I can't get it back off but if I hold an ice pack, run my hand under cold water, or wait a few hours, it's all back to normal.

Bellybutton In or Out: Still technically in but definitely looks like it's making it's way on being an outie which I would totally not like b/c it creeps me out for some reason.

Signs of Labor: Just the fact that she has dropped and the OB I saw last thinks I'm experiencing braxton hicks but I have no idea being a first time mom. But those aren't necessarily labor signs or signs that labor is in the very near future. I'm also thinking I might have had a contraction once or twice but again, I have no idea and it's nothing to worry about or a sign of anything anyways.

Nursery: We're going with a woodland/ woodland critters and floral theme. The nursery is almost finished! I just need to get a few things organized, Jesse needs to stain her growth chart, and then it should be ready for the reveal. I'm hoping to get the reveal out next week, so be on the lookout for that post!

Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing maternity jeans but on other days I'm still wearing some of my pre-pregnancy jeans unzippered with a belly band. I'm wearing maternity shirts but also still wearing my pre-pregnancy shirts (not all of them obviously lol). And I've been wearing my maternity winter coat that is too big.

Sleep: Exhausted. I just want to be home laying down. I'm tossing and turning throughout the night.

Best Moment(s) of the Week: 

   -This isn't a "best moment" at all really but I had my second non stress test on Monday. I got there early but of course had to wait forever. They finally hooked me up and I listened to Rory's heartbeat while waiting to see if she was going to move. She didn't, but that isn't a surprise. So I requested some water. Chugged a bunch and she moved once. I kept drinking and waiting and drinking and waiting and no movements but her heartbeat was still going. The OBGYN took a look at my test and said that she was only reactive once and they look for 2 (or at least 2?) reactions or whatever. So my test was considered nonreactive and she said not to worry but I needed to have a biophysical profile (BPP) ultrasound done.

   They were booked for ultrasounds, so they sent me to the hospital next door to triage where they hooked me up to do another non stress test and gave me cold ice water and cold apple juice. This little stubborn girl decided she wanted to move around and was reactive aaand she kept pushing on my full bladder. They kept me hooked up for like an hour. I was so miserable and my phone was dying (and of course my charger was in the car). I didn't tell Jesse to come because I asked how long they thought I'd be there for and they had said I'd only be there for maybe an hour (yea right) and I didn't exactly know what was going on. I kept him informed but was also aware my phone could die any second. He told my mom what was going on and she ended up calling the hospital after I had been there for a hour. The nurse told me (and my mom when she called) that my baby looked beautiful (according to the non stress test, obviously without an ultrasound they couldn't physically see her) and that she didn't see the need for a BPP. If I still wanted a BPP, I would have to wait another 3-4 hours because they only had 1 ultrasound tech and there were like 3 people ahead of me that were considered "priority". I told them I just wanted to go home. When you just want to go home and your bladder is extremely full and have a baby pushing on it, you get very impatient. As I waited, I decided to go out of my room and ask if they were getting the papers ready (which they were in the process of) and then asked where the hell the bathroom was b/c my bladder was about to explode.

   All in all, she's fine. She was probably just sleeping during the first non stress test and/ or being her stubborn little sassy self.

   -Thanksgiving! Even though I felt like total crap and I didn't get any pictures of me, my bump, or Jesse and I together.

   -Getting our gate redone. Finally! Our front gate is fixed!

   -Bought Rory's Christmas gift! And I didn't take a picture of course. It's a snowglobe from Things Remembered and it has "Rory's 1st snowglobe 2016" engraved on it.

   -Gilmore Girls on Netflix! I watched tit on Friday. Jesse came home right at the end of the last episode to me yelling at the t.v. That ending was such a cliffhanger and I NEED to know what's next!!! They need to come out with season 2 pronto.

   -Bad Moms. We finally watched Bad Moms and it did not disappoint at all! I loved it!

Missing: Wine, wine coolers, margaritas, and GIN and TONICS.

Cravings & Aversions: Rice (and Chipotle- that's a given), brownies, cupcakes, cookies, fruit, and fresh veggies (mainly fresh raw green peppers), chocolate, Belgian waffles, s'mores, french toast, soft serve vanilla and chocolate twist custard, Wendy's (especially their spicy chicken sandwiches which I craved quite often in the first trimester), McDonald's french fries, Five Guys' french fries and Olive Garden's black tie mousse cake.

   Aversions... Still the same. Grilled chicken (unless it is like overdone and crispyish), nuts, spinach & artichoke dip, tortillas, and biscuits.

Mood: Very happy but getting very easily annoyed.

Looking Forward to: 
   -My non stress test on Thursday. Ok, I'm not really looking forward to this because they take forever to bring me back there and my daughter is stubborn during these and makes them take longer than they should. Hoping this test goes better than the last one.
   -Working on packing the hospital bags tonight. Still haven't finished this but I'm hoping to get everything that we can get packed now packed tonight.
   -Get the cars cleaned out and the car seat bases installed in both of our cars. I like things to be done so far in advance that I am freaking out because there is so much that I wanted done already that we haven't done.


-Heather








2 comments:

  1. You are looking great and I can't believe she is going to be here before you know it! I hope these last few weeks go well for you. I love the nursery theme and I'm sure it's going to come out amazing!
    Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete