38 Week Bumpdate

    We're in the single digits y'all! 9 days until Rory is here!!!

How Far Along: 38 weeks and 2 days

Due Date: 12/31/2016 New Year's Eve but c-section is scheduled for 12/28/16.

Baby is the Size of: A swiss chard (whatever that is)! Baby should be measuring about 19-22" long and should weigh 6.5 lbs. This still makes me laugh. My little chunky monkey was weighing in at 8 lbs almost 2 weeks ago and is expected to weigh 9 1/2 lbs when I give birth to her in 9 freakin' days!!!

Weight Gain: 43 lbs.

Symptoms: Nausea, headaches, sensitive boobs, moody, fatigue, sciatic nerve pain, back pain, fainting, heartburn, hip pain, acid reflux, pelvic pressure, cramping, calf cramps, minor swelling (in my fingers, feet/ ankles, and face but more so my feet/ ankles), pregnancy farts, and braxton hicks. I've had to start taking 2-3 Diclegis pills a day for morning sickness. Still feeling nauseous, sick, and like crap and still so over pregnancy and ready for Rory to be here. Last night I started to throw up in my sleep and inhaled, so then it was really difficult for me to breathe. Jesse sprang into action and got me water and everything is ok now but the rest of the night I had to lay on my left side with a pillow elevating my head and back.

Gender: Girl!

Name: Rory Brielle

Movement: Yes, she is still a pretty calm baby though. EARLY Thursday morning she was moving around for her daddy though and he got to feel her moving around for quite a bit.

Engagement Ring On or Off: Off but I wear it on a necklace chain around my neck.

Bellybutton In or Out: Starting to poke out a little sometimes. I think it all depends on what position she is in and if I have just eaten or not.

Signs of Labor: Braxton hicks, pelvic pressure, and cramping. They didn't check my cervix at my prenatal appointment on Thursday but during my NST, I apparently had 2-3 contractions and didn't feel them at all. The OBGYN said he wasn't concerned about them though.

Nursery: We're going with a woodland/ woodland critters and floral theme. The nursery is finished! I know, I was supposed to reveal the nursery last week. The post will be up this week though, I promise- unless Rory makes a surprise early entrance.

Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing maternity jeans but on other days I'm still wearing some of my pre-pregnancy jeans unzippered with a belly band. I'm wearing maternity shirts but also still wearing my pre-pregnancy shirts (not all of them obviously lol). And I've been wearing my maternity winter coat that is too big.

Sleep: Exhausted. I just want to be home laying down. I'm tossing and turning throughout the night and getting up to pee in the middle of the night sometimes or just waking up randomly in general and having trouble going back to sleep.

Best Moment(s) of the Week: 

   -NST (had to drink two apple juice boxes this time), pre-op bloodwork, and meeting with the OBGYN who is actually going to be performing my c-section! And Jesse was able to come to this appointment which made me really happy since I usually have to go to my appointments without him while he is at work.

   -My older sister made it Facebook official! She is pregnant again and having twins again!!! And they are due between mine and Jesse's birthdays! I am so happy for her and her family! I can't wait to be an Auntie again and have even more family members so close in age to Rory! Ok, I'll stop with all the exclamation points haha.

   -Star Wars. We went and saw the new Star Wars movie Sunday morning. It was good but definitely not as good as the last one.

   -New phone! I upgraded to the iphone 7 and am officially on a cellphone plan with Jesse (phone number is still the same if you have my number).

Missing: Wine, wine coolers, margaritas, and GIN and TONICS.

Cravings & Aversions: Rice (and Chipotle- that's a given), brownies, cupcakes, cookies, fresh veggies (mainly fresh raw green peppers), chocolate, soft serve vanilla and chocolate twist custard, Wendy's (especially their spicy chicken sandwiches which I craved quite often in the first trimester), McDonald's french fries, Five Guys' french fries and Olive Garden's black tie mousse cake.

   Aversions... Still the same. Grilled chicken (unless it is like overdone and crispyish), nuts, spinach & artichoke dip, tortillas, and biscuits.

Mood: Very happy but getting very easily annoyed.

Looking Forward to: 

   -My non stress test tomorrow. Again, not really something I'm looking forward to but it needs to get done and it confirms whether or not things are still going ok. Plus, it is my last NST and prenatal appointment, woohoo!

   -Friday- A half day at work and my last work day before Rory is born.

   -Christmas Eve and Christmas!

-Heather











Comments

  1. I seriously cannot wait to see this baby! I feel like you've been pregnant forever but on the same token, it feels like you haven't. :) COME ON BABY RORY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I feel like I've been pregnant forever haha. Last prenatal appointment today :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tips on House Hunting

I'm NOT Going to Breastfeed and My Child Will Turn Out Just Fine!

2016 Christmas Card